Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program (HLMP)
Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
June 6, 2017
In anticipation of funding to be awarded to St. Lucie County from the Florida Division of Emergency Management, St. Lucie County is issuing this NOFA for activities that include retrofits, inspections, and construction or modification of building components designed to increase a structure’s ability to withstand hurricane-force winds. The Retrofit Program utilizes the Florida Building Code as its standard for all retrofitting.
All interested homeowners and contractors are encouraged to apply. Applications will be approved on a first come, first complete basis until funding is exhausted. Please note that this program is subject to the availability of funding.
Eligible activities include:
- Replacement of roof sheathing and/or covering;
- Installation of secondary water barrier;
- Installation of hurricane straps or clips;
- Installation of window and door opening protection (impact resistant);
- Brace bottom chord of gable end;
- Anchoring of wall or floor units to the foundation;
- Strengthening of roof deck attachment (nailing).
Eligible homeowners must meet the following criteria:
- The home must be a single family home located in unincorporated St. Lucie County, be owner occupied and have a current homestead exemption;
- The property must be free and clear of any adverse liens or judgments;
- Proof of homeowners insurance must be provided;
- Homes must have been built before 2001;
- The mortgage payments and property taxes must be current;
- Properties must not be in need of additional repairs for health and/or safety code issues as determined by St. Lucie County Housing staff;
- Households cannot exceed the income limits below.
Household Size 1 2 3 4 5 6 Household Income $50,640 $57,840 $65,040 $72,240 $78,120 $83,880
Homeowners: To apply, please click on the page to the left of this page titled HLMP Homeowner Application. To complete your application, you will need the documents listed on the Documentation Checklist as well as the HLMP Application Forms. Once you have completed and submitted the online application, please submit the documents listed in the checklist, as well as the HLMP Application Forms by email, U.S. Mail, fax, or in person to:
St. Lucie County Community Services
437 N. 7th Street
Fort Pierce, FL 34950
Once the application has been submitted, a notification box will appear.
If you need assistance completing the online application, please contact the Housing Division at (772) 462-1777 and a staff member will be happy to assist you.
Contractors: If you are interested in providing services for the program, please complete the HLMP Contractor Application to the left of the page.