Welcome to sunny St. Lucie - the Jewel of the Treasure Coast - featuring the historic City of Fort Pierce, the sprawling City of Port St. Lucie and the beautiful, tranquil beaches of Hutchinson Island.
The mission of St. Lucie County's Tourism Division is to improve the overall economic condition of the St. Lucie County through activities, special events, marketing and expanding tourism within St. Lucie County as a year-round destination.
The Tourism Division is responsible for developing and implementing plans and strategies, in coordination with State and local agencies that will increase tourism through year-round tourist programs for the community. The division will coordinate and unify marketing activities and expand tourism events/business.
St. Lucie County's Tourist Development Council (TDC) is represented by local elected offic
ials, hospitality professionals and tourism-related community members. The TDC serves as an advisory committee to the St. Lucie County's Board of County Commissioners. The TDC appointed seats are comprised of three elected officials, three representatives from accommodations collecting the tourist tax, and three representatives from tourism-related industries, as directed by Florida Statutes 125.0104.
St. Lucie County has a 5 percent tourist tax collected on accommodations rented for six months or less. The funding is allocated in the following manner:
- First & Second Cents - Operation and maintenance of St. Lucie County's Sports Complex
- Third Cent - Promote Tourism
- Fourth Cent - Pay debt service on bonds used to finance the reconstruction and renovation of the St. Lucie County Sports Complex
- Fifth Cent - 67 percent of the 5th cent tax is allocated to pay debt service on bonds issued to finance the renovation and reconstruction of the St. Lucie County Sports Complex. The remaining 33 percent of the 5th cent tax is allocated for capital facilities that promote tourism located north of Midway Road.
For a historical monthly breakdown of the TDC collection click here.
The TDC meets every second Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. in Conference Room 3 of the Roger Poitras Administration Building, 2300 Virginia Ave., Fort Pierce.
If you have any questions about St. Lucie County's tourism, please visit the County's tourism website at www.VisitStLucie.com or call 800-344-TGIF.